FREEDownload : The Strengths Model: A Recovery-Oriented Approach to Mental Health Services, 3 edition
The Strengths Model: A Recovery-Oriented Approach to Mental Health Services, 3 edition by Charles A. Rapp and Richard J. Goscha
English | 2011 | ISBN: 0199764085 | 352 pages | PDF | 2 MB
The Strengths Model: A Recovery-Oriented Approach to Mental Health Services, 3 edition
Presenting a compelling alternative to the traditional medical approach, The Strengths Model demonstrates an evidence-based approach to helping people with a psychiatric disability identify and achieve meaningful and important life goals. Since the first edition of this classic textbook appeared, the strengths model has matured into a robust vision of mental health services. Both a philosophy of practice and a specific set of tools and methods, the strengths model is designed to facilitate a recovery-oriented partnership between client and practitioner. This completely revised edition charts the evolution of the strengths model, reviews the empirical support behind it, and illustrates the techniques and values that guide its application.
Features new to this edition:
– An extensive update of the strengths literature, focusing on recovery as the dominant paradigm in mental health services
– Richly drawn case vignettes demonstrating the application of methods
– Integration of empirical research and consumers' own experiences
– Completely updated strengths assessment and fidelity scales
– In-depth discussions and examples guide practitioners from theory to applied practice
– Descriptions of how to teach and successfully supervise large-scale implementations of strengths model work
For social workers and other mental health specialists working with clients to move beyond the disabling effects of mental illness to a life filled with meaning, purpose, and identity, this remains the crucial text.
Buy Premium To Support Me & Get Resumable Support & Max Speed